How to Make Pan fried Chicken with passionfruit sauce!This is a dish that’s so full of flavour.
- 4 chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (minced)
- 1 to 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups passion fruit pulp (divided)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar (divided)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Steps to Make It
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In a large sauté pan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the shallot and the ginger, and cook on medium heat for a few minutes, stirring, until shallot and ginger are softened and fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth, 1/2 cup of the passionfruit pulp, and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Add the chicken breasts in a single layer. Add more chicken broth if necessary to ensure that the chicken breasts are covered with liquid.
- Bring the cooking liquid to a low simmer. Cover and cook the chicken breasts for 15-20 minutes, turning once, until just cooked through (slice into one of the breasts to check for doneness).
- Remove the chicken breasts to an ovenproof pan, cover with foil, and keep them warm in a 200 degree (F) oven while preparing the sauce.
- Pour off all but 1 cup of the cooking liquid from the sauté pan. Add the remaining 1 cup of passion fruit juice, the apple cider, the vinegar, the soy sauce, and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Whisk in the cornstarch.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, whisking constantly, and cook until it the sauce has thickened about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the sauce over chicken breasts and serve. Serve with coconut rice if desired.
Food Recipe - 9.5
My experience - 9.5
Process during - 9.5
Food presentation - 9.7